Brianna B. Kentucky

ABORTION

Abortion and why it is wrong

Do you know anyone who has ever had an abortion? Well I do. My mother recently had one because it put her life at risk. The doctor said she had a 20% chance of surviving having a baby so she had it aborted. I disagree with abortion because you are killing an innocent life that hasn’t had a chance to live yet.

A baby at 13 weeks is about 6.7 cm long from crown to rump. She weighs about 23g and is fully formed. She has begun swallowing and kicking. All her organs and muscles have formed and are beginning to function. So, anyone who says the baby isn’t alive and functional before 5 months is wrong. Having an abortion at anytime is wrong, because you are killing a living person in my opinion.

As long as science proves that a baby is alive in your stomach when you abort it, I will always stand against abortion, unless certain conditions come into play like the mothers health and the conditions the baby will live under like, if they are going to be paralyzed for the rest of their lives. Please Next President, make a law so that you can only have an abortion if it is recommended by your doctor.