Damian JD. Washington

Abortion Ain't Fair (AAF)

Changing the law on abortion to make it more fair to all women

Abortion laws are very unclear and social economy has been uplifted and put down abortion. Laws were made for fairness among the people so to have it where abortion is only used for two things, it makes it unfair for the other reason. We need a fair universal law, not just something that only applies to some people for some reasons.

“Of all unintended pregnancies, 4 in 10 are aborted. There are approximately 1.21 million abortions in America each year.” The effects and cost of abortion is hard enough to deal with but sometimes the public doesn’t support and can make it harder on women. “Planned Parenthood said both types of abortion typically cost from $300 to $1,000, including tests and examinations.” Money like that can be hard for a woman to get when she lives alone, most of the women who chose abortion is because of money, problem so we can’t have abortion as high as birth. “American women are ending pregnancies with medication almost as often as with surgery, marking a turning point for abortion in the United States” With number like that its key to have abortion a safe and affordable opportunity for all women.

My niece was an unintended pregnancies, and my sister was 24 or 25 at the time with plans to own her own hair shop. With teaching a hair class and being a manager at a salon, a baby was a lot to handle at the time. But my family supported her in everything she wanted to do for the baby and my sister decided to keep the baby and now I have a beautiful niece. My family's support was how she was able to have a baby but not everyone has a support system and the money to afford a child. That’s why we need to make it affordable and open the doors to all because its hard enough to take a life, why make it harder by only letting some people in or putting people down for their decisions. It’s not fair, and that’s why we need a law to protect the people who need to the most.

Damian