Mike N. New Jersey

Terrorism

Terrorism

Mike Nicholas

West Milford Twp. High School

67 Highlander Drive

West Milford, NJ 07480

11/3/2016

Future President at the White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20500

My name is Mike Nicholas. I am a freshman in high school in West Milford, New Jersey. I am writing to you because I have a few concerns about something that is constant in this world; terrorism. Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims. Terrorism is a scary thing and can get a lot of people killed. In my opinion, terrorism and terrorists both need to be stopped immediately because it can get way out of hand. First, I’m going to start off with the background of terrorism, then go into the causes, the effects and the different perspectives.

First of all, the use of terrorism is to affect politics and respond to a government policy. So basically, if the government makes a poor decision and limits a few rights, terrorists will get mad and do something terrible as a way of going against this newly-made policy. We can stop the government making bad policies by changing the way the government is ran. We can tell the government to not make policies that will effect a certain amount of people because if we don’t change the way the government is ran, they will keep making bad policies and terroristic attacks will occur. From 2006-2013, terrorists killed about 130,000 people and we don’t need anymore attacks. The word “Terrorist” came from the Reign of Terror, which was period of violence that killed thousands of people.

Secondly, some causes of terrorism can be a whole bunch of things. One reason is that people choose terrorism when they are trying to right what they perceive to be socially, politically, or historically wrong. So when terrorists cause an act of terrorism, they are trying to send a message to the message to the government hoping that the government will get that what they did was a wrong move. These causes can be solved, however. A few things we can do to stop terrorism is to stop the government from making unfair policies and to stop the government from overthrowing moderates. If we do these things, we can either stop terrorism, or slow it down so that it doesn’t happen often.

Thirdly, there can also a lot of effects to terrorism. Some examples of effects are lots of injuries and deaths. A huge amount of people also might be in depression because of lost ones. Major cities might also have a lot of buildings damaged or even destroyed. In order to build these buildings back up, the city is going to have to spend money, probably leading the city into a financial debt and/or crisis. People and government officials are both affected during a terrorist attack because people could die and government officials know that what they did was wrong since terrorists are creating these attacks. There are also some ways to stop many people from getting killed. We can arming terrorists and stop supporting dictators who fund terrorists. If a person is buying a gun or ammo from a gun store, then they have to have a special kind of license that’ll tell them that they are buying this stuff to go to a shooting range and use these materials.

Lastly, there are a few different perspectives of terrorism. Terrorists think that terrorism is a good thing to do when the government makes a bad move. Most times, terrorists aren’t even affected and they are doing these terroristic attacks for no reason. A few experiences of terrorism is 9/11. The terrorists’ idea when they planned the 9/11 was to cripple the U.S economy. The attacks ended in so much despair for hundreds of thousands of people. Both the twin towers ended collapsing after two planes crashed into them, the pentagon collapsed after another plane crashed into it. There were a total of 2,996 people that died that day. Then there were the Paris attacks that happened not too long ago. They killed 196 people that day because of another government issue.

In conclusion, what I want you to do in the future is to change the way the governments are run. If you change the way our government is ran, we can either stop terrorism or slow it down by a lot and not have it occur often. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter because this is a very important matter.

Mike Nicholas

Student, West Milford High School