Xavier M Illinois

GUN CONTROL

Guns don't kill people , people kill people

I think personally that people shouldn't carry guns with them.Imagine all the bad things that can happen.It can cause many shootings and can kill innocent people by accident.It will teach children that if something bad/wrong happens they will have to resort it with a gun.

Sometimes you will need a weapon to protect yourself but that's why they invited a phone to call the police department (911).And i get it sometimes the police come late.And it's already too late.But there's also pepper spray,and taser.Like there are other stuff that you can protect yourself with that you dont even know in the world.The world should be a nice place not a place where you always count on a Gun or knife.

Since there are so many places where you can buy a gun.It makes rapists, robbers, murderers and nuts jobs easier.Because really anyone can buy a gun these days.

And sometimes it's hard to pull the trigger because,if you pull the trigger there can be a chance that most likely you'll go to jail or prison.But if you don't pull the trigger how do you know that the guy/girl won't pull the trigger either.Like there already going to get arrested because he or she is pointing a gun directly at you.So if there doing that they probably dont care if they go to jail or prison.

And Even though the The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution says : "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms." It shouldn't be allowed without a license. The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is the people's right to possess a weapon for their own defense.

¨All states have laws requiring that guns be registered, as well as laws prohibiting certain people, such as convicted felons, from owning guns. Some states outlaw certain firearms such as some types of automatic rifles or firearms with silencers. If you intend to carry a firearm or keep a gun in your home for protection, you should choose only a weapon that is legal in your state. If you intend to carry a concealed firearm—in your purse or inside a jacket and not in plain view—you should check on whether your state permits “concealed carry” and what permit or license you need. Not saying that you should have a gun.I'm saying that if you don't agree with me to have guns banned then listen to this paragraph so that no one gets hurt.¨While using an illegal weapon or not having a concealed carry permit will not prevent you from claiming self defense, it could cast you in a suspicious light with law enforcement or complicate an already potentially complicated case if you have to use the weapon in self defense.

You want to know what i really want….I want you to make sure that if people have a gun to protect themselves or their family only to keep the weapon indoors.Inside their house.And if they wish to possess any gun they must have a license and the new requirements for safe storage of the weapon and its ammunition.When there license expires though they must tell you if they want to continue to possess the following weapons: handgun,rifle,or .44 Magnum revolver.Any type of handheld small gun.Nothing as big as a shotgun.Act quickly, if they haven't gotten a license , now is the time to either apply for one, or legally dispose of your gun.

Xavier M.

Gurrie Middle School

McGovern Period 1/2

Ms. McGovern's Period 1/2 ELA Class