Reyna Guerra New York

Accept My People

Immigration is an issue that needs to be addressed in the right matter. It is crucial that our country accepts the reality that in order to thrive, we must embrace immigrants.

Hello my name is Reyna Guerra. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you on winning the election and becoming the president of the United States. I have high hopes that the next few years will be an amazing and productive one. Culture is something significantly important to me and it is essential that the country continues to support and accept diversity. I am Puerto Rican and Cuban and strongly believe in the acceptance of all. It is diversity among the people that supports the growth of the country and spreads nationalism. This brings me to the issue of immigration and the powerful effect immigration has on our country. 

The United States was built on the foundation immigrants and the achievements of these people have greatly impacted the country. I cannot stress how crucial the unification of people is to the development of our country it is the basis of what we stand for. As the next president of the United States, I hope for the years to come that you openly accept immigrants and create reforms that supports immigration. The issues surrounding immigration creates a barrier between the country, which is much like the issue of slavery that considerably divided the country into two. The sooner the country agrees on the issue of immigration, the sooner the country can continue to prosper. An aspiration I have for the country is to provide government-subsidized healthcare and in-state tuition rates at public colleges to illegal immigrants. This provides them a second chance to build their lives and start over. Accepting and uniting people is the best way to ensure the prosperity of the people and the country. 

Best of luck on your term as President.

Reyna Guerra

Repertory Company High School

Period 4

Letters to our Future President