Lilli L.

Marriage Rights for the LGBTQ+ Community

Dear, Mr. President, Over the last couple years there has been a lot going on, but nobody will forget when same sex-marriage was allowed in the U.S. After that has happened people started to come out and get married to their loved one, whether they are gay, lesbian, transgender, bi sexual, or queer. This nation has put down so many people because of the community for L.G.B.T.Q, to me that is not okay because I have so many family members who are in the L.G.B.T.Q community. “One of the main things we are doing is fighting against the post-marriage backlash,” said Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality (a quote from New York times.) this is expressing that people who married their own sex is experiencing a lot of backlash.. There are so many people who are getting hurt and killed because of their sexuality. About 4 years ago my uncle (now aunt) came to visit. he came to announce that he was going to change into a woman , everyone opposed it but i liked the idea. She was born as a girl but he knew that he wasn't a guy he knew that he was a girl. This condition was called, “gender identity disorder.” a couple months ago she had commit suicide because she was getting a lot of back-lash and negative comments. She said “i don’t know how people in this world can deal with all the hate? I don’t want people to feel that i don’t belong in this world anymore!!” “ you are just fine the way you are don’t let people get to you more than they already do.” my mom said. After that my family started to appreciate the L.G.B.T.Q community. Is it necessary to have your people be put down because of their sex? Do you really want people to try to commit suicide everyday until they do die? Are you more important than your people? All of these questions are necessary to ask you, because this nation has put down more people everyday than you have in your entire life. Please address this problem or at least acknowledge this letter. And think of what you would do to YOUR nation if you didn’t. Thank you.

Lewis Middle School

Ferro, English 8 Cluster

Period 6 and 7