Vincent G. Illinois

Economy

Bad economy is stopping kids for doing sports and other clubs and there are bad roads

“The bad economy is leading to low funding schools”. Kids don’t have after school activities or sports. The economy also leads to bad roads and streets. This is bad because of the sports or after school activities the kids find something they would like to do in the future as a job .

The main reason with having a bad economy is of the debt the U.S .The national debt grew rapidly even before the 2008 financial crisis. Between 2000-2007, it ballooned from $6-$9 trillion, a 50% increase. The $700 billion bailout expanded it to $10.5 trillion by December 2008.

When states lose income, they make cuts to government spending and programs. “Often the first cuts are in education and after school activities or sports”. When a state cuts education budgets, it results in lower teacher salaries, reduced hires and retention.

Cutting back on road maintenance increases the cost of road transport and raises the net cost to the economy as a whole. Furthermore, when traffic levels rise, as they have been in most countries, the proportion of “total road transport costs attributable to vehicle operation will also increase sharply" says The World Bank.

My final conclusion is that you should make a system that controls the money that is used for schools, state and, military so that we are not in debt and kids have the opportunity to experience playing sports and join club to find what they really want to do when they grow up.

Vincent G.