Antoine D.

Gun violence

This letter is talking about the importance of why gun violence is messing up our community and how dangerous it really is.

Dear next president,

While you are safe in the white house people are hiding from gun violence.Many people are losing family member because of guns.With the cost of family member lost everyday and trying to keep kids safe this need to be address now.If this problem keeps going,our lives will be in chaos.The population of the human race will decrease.

Americans have more lethal weapons than other countries.America gun rate is dramatically higher than other industrialized nation.More than 30,000 people in the U.S are killed by firearms each day.Since 2006,more than 14,500 people have been shot in Philadelphia,a rate of one shooting every six hours.Shooting have declined by 38 percent since 2006,when the rate was one shooting every 4 hours and 22 minutes.(Philadelphia police department ).In Philadelphia ,83 percent of homicide victims over the last 10 years were killed with a firearm.The total of 2,629 gun deaths is enough to fill the Academy of Music,where Mayor Kenney was inaugurated on Monday (Philadelphia police department ).On October 1,2015 Obama address “I hope and pray that I don't have to come out again during my tenure as president to offer my condolences to families in these circumstances (Matthew Green ). I understand that the world is not an easy place to live.People should get guns for their safety,but I disagree because people have too much power with the guns.They can take somebody's life in a second.

Some people make websites and commercial about gun violence.Many people try there best,but people don't understand how their hurting other people's lives.In addition to the problem people in the community don't care.They do it for their own fun.It not right to just take somebody's life.You are not that person.Do you understand how their families are in some much pain because of guns.It is wrong and unacceptable.Dear Next President,please stop this wrong behavior so the community can be together again.Take away all the guns so the community can be safe again. 

Antoine.D

Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School

Sanchez

Upload your letter here.