Amanda California

Creating A Unified Country

United we stand.

I am a senior in high school writing to you in hopes that you will do everything in your power to hold a vision for a unified country. A country where immigrants are not labeled as rapists or murders, a country that doesn't forbid refugees from entering the country nor kick them out because of their religious beliefs. Discrimination and racism has been and to this day is a problem that prevents us from becoming a country filled with equality and civility, regardless of the color of one's skin or their religious belief. This issue matters to me because I am the oldest of five siblings and I want them to grow up in a world where they are not ashamed of their race, a world that will educate them about other races and to teach them to have respect and dignity for others. Not only for the sake of my siblings but also those who have suffered from discrimination. As your citizen, I ask of you to do everything in your power to improve our country by eliminating racial profiling of Hispanics, Blacks, and Muslims. To make sure that we won't repeat the mistakes this country has made in the past.

Amanda