Caleb C. Alabama

Why we don't need to have more gun control

There does not need to be more gun control than there already is. There are already enough laws that help restrict the number of people who purchase and legally own guns. during 2010 the federal Government conducted six million firearm background checks; resulting in over 72,000 denials. Also during this time 33 people were prosecuted based on the denials; and the government obtained 13 guilty pleas and verdicts. Although I am against the addition of more gun control it is still need because as of July 2016, federal law does not prohibit suspected members of terrorists organizations from purchasing or possessing firearms or explosives. This is something that needs to change because if they are suspected as a terrorists they shouldn't be allowed to own anything that can harm one or more people. Although there are certain scenarios where gun control is good other times its not. One scenario is if a hunter who has no criminal background or bad intentions besides providing food -- for him there does not need to be more gun control. It would seem at that point the federal government would be going against the 2nd amendment which states " a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Therefore if the government adds more gun control they would be going against the Constitution. 

gun-control.procon.org

www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp