Lauren S. Alabama

Abortion should be illegal in all 50 states unless it is rape, incest, or danger to the mother.

Future President

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, D.C. 20500

Abortion is a controversial issue all over the world. People are constantly arguing, should it be allowed or should it be banned? Maybe both? Pro-life or Pro-choice has been a constant debate for many years. Right now, abortion is legal in every single state in America. Although, I do believe Americans should be able to make their own decisions, some things should be limited.

Abortion is a very serious thing, even though most people do not look at it that way. I believe that the abortion laws should say that Americans must be Pro-Life but with three exceptions. These three exceptions would be rape, incest, or danger to the mother. Some people believe that abortion is not murder just because the baby isn’t born yet, but it is still very important that Americans should not have an abortion, unless it would be unhealthy for the mother.

Depending on the unborn baby’s age, abortion can cause physical excruciating pain to them. President Ronald Reagan stated in 1984 that during an abortion: “the fetus feels pain which is long and agonizing.” Also, Dr. Prentice Ph.D. stated “In fact, there was a study done, reported just a couple weeks ago, where they were looking at pain experience of newborns – just between one and six or seven days old and adults, and the headlines were, “Babies feel pain like adults and they feel it more intensely.” This is a sufficient reason why we should not carry out abortion unless we seriously need to, if it is dangerous to the mother or child. All 50 states should make abortion illegal, but within the three exceptions. In my opinion, someone shouldn’t have to kill a living thing unless it is a danger to that person, or itself.

Mr. President, I know you are very busy with other duties in your life, but abortion is an ongoing conflict all over America and the killing of innocent unborn babies needs to be put to a stop, remembering the three exceptions. Would you please look over my request and consider changing the abortion laws? They are unfair and wrong.

Sincerely yours,

Lauren S 

Oxford High School

2nd Period

11 grade Honors English