Jamyria California

Dear Mr./Ms. President

Social Issues and Concerns in Our Country

Mr./Ms. President I hope you have a plan or idea on how you want to the lead this country because if you don't have a decent plan on how to lead this country we are going to be in trouble.

I have very strong opinions on some of the major social issues that are taking place in our country. For example the topic of abortion. To me the topic of abortion is a very big issue because I am a female. To me I think that it should be the woman’s choice on whether or not they want to keep the baby, because it could have been a circumstance that got them pregnant and it wasn't their fault. Or they might not be stable enough to take care of a child.

Another issue of my concern is the 2nd Amendment which is Gun Laws. I think that the gun laws should be stricter because it is easy for the wrong person to get their hands on a deadly weapon. Nowadays, gun violence has increased due to police brutality and general crime. I understand that often guns are weapons used to fight off terrorists and people who are unwanted in the U.S. But at the same time we should be more mindful about who has access to these things and what the outcomes are and what could be their consequences.

-Jamyria James