Bella B. Wisconsin

Marriage Equality

I think Marriage Equality should stay legal.

In many states marriage equality is frowned upon, or even illegal. I feel that people should love who they love and not be discriminated for it. People who are homosexual should have the right to be happy and have the family that they feel is a family. Those people should have the same rights and have people accept them for who they are.

Many people who are homosexual don’t even have the same right because of who they are. According to Revel and Riot 34 states have declined the right to marry/ divorce, to have child custody, to have adoption rights, to have employment equality and many more. These people should not have rights taken away because they love someone.

When people think about a homosexual marriage who have kids they feel that it is unfair to the kid or they are teaching them “wrong”. According to MSNBC people say the children are not ok because they need a father and a mother figure, but they are getting what they need. There is a parent to do the dishes, and the laundry and there will be a parent to fix the car, and watch baseball with them. No matter who it is they just someone to be there and that is what they are providing for the child.

When people say it is not right to love someone of the same sex they are really not seeing what love is. If the right to love marry someone of the opposite sex was illegal many people would be affected and upset, and would feel that it was unfair and I bet would even say that they want to marry who they love. That is how homosexual people feel, they feel it is unfair and they are upset because they want to marry who they love.

So future president, I think marriage equality should stay legal and people should not discriminate those who do marry of an opposite sex because “marriage isn’t between and man and a women, but between love and love” -Frank Ocean

Sincerely Bella B.