Anaya R.

Protecting Planned Parenthood

Keeping Planned Parenthood open is very beneficial to anyone and everyone.

Dear Mr.President,

Keeping Planned Parenthood open is very beneficial to anyone and everyone especially in the low income areas. Planned Parenthood can help women in all areas to learn about STDs, getting the care that they need, to stay aware of what is going on with their health and how to stay healthy. Texas was one of the first states to stop funding Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood services were not offered. Over the course of eighteen months the percentage of women who gave birth went up from 7% to 8.7%, compared to places that have Planned Parenthood the pregnancies percentage was 6.4% to 5.9%.

At Planned Parenthood they do more than just provide medical treatment. Some of the other services they offer are catering to teen body image issue, how to be social, LGBTQ issues, and how to deal with bullying. They teach women and teens about basic health care and how to make healthy decisions. Services they provide for men include medical testing and treatments.

The main reasons people want to shut down Planned Parenthood is because they perform abortions and distribute birth control. The people who do not support Planned Parenthood often protest to shut them down because they think their tax money and some government funding goes to the organization. Most people also think that they are promoting risky sexual behavior in kids. They believe Planned Parenthood has a casual attitude towards sex because they hand out condoms and other forms of birth control.

I wanted to write about Planned Parenthood because they are a great place for men and women to get the care that they need, even though they perform abortions. Women should have the right to choose whether they want to keep their baby or not because we don't know what their reason are for them not being able to take care of a baby is. People should look past the abortion side and focus on the good side of Planned Parenthood because they do help many women men and children stay healthy and educated on what going on with their bodies Planned Parenthood is worth funding.

Anaya Richardson

Lewis Middle School

Ferro, English 8 Cluster

Period 6 and 7