alek m. California

Computers in Education

This is about computers for schools and why they should have them.

I am writing to see if you can get more computers for the schools.

According to https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=46, In 2013, 71 percent of the U.S. population age 3 and over uses the Internet. Comparing the White, Black, and Hispanic populations age 3 and over, the percentage of internet users was highest among Whites (75 percent), followed by Blacks (64 percent), and then Hispanics (61 percent). The percentage of internet users in the population age 3 and over was generally higher for those with higher family income levels. For example, 72 percent of people with family incomes from $40,000 to $49,999 used the Internet, compared to 85 percent of people with family incomes of $100,000 or more.

I think that the government should buy more computers for schools and have them for the teachers and students. Kids and teachers would love to have computers for the school so they don’t have to write on paper. This is better because you can spell check your work. Also, if students have missing work, they could check online, do the work, and finally send it to their teachers. It would be great to get the computers.

Alek M.