Simone S. Kentucky

Death Penalty/Criminal Justice and College Education Expense

In this text I will support my opinion on Death Penalty/Criminal Justice and College Education Expense.

Dear Mrs. or Mr. President,

Death Penalty/Criminal Justice is a SERIOUS  problem in the U.S.  As president I believe you could fix this problem. One reason I think this is a serious problem is ex-felons should be allowed to vote after leaving jail. A second reason is police officers need body cameras. A third reason is, for the government to run prisons, so they can oversee the programs.

First, I would like to talk about ex-felons  not being allowed to vote. One reason I believe this is, if you have done the time for doing whatever law-breaking thing you did, you should be allowed to vote.A second reason I believe this is, if I have been to jail  and I have learned not to do things against the law  because of the consequences, I wouldn't want or try to do it again. a third reason is  if I was a child that had committed a crime I would hope to still be allowed to vote, despite my  the fact i did stupid things at a young age. So, that's why I think ex-felons should be allowed to vote.

Second, I would like to talk about police body cameras. One reason I believe this is a need is, most people of my color have died, without consequences on the police that committed the crime because, all of these crimes have not been caught on video. A second reason is police departments need to know what really happens at crime scenes instead of what police officers tell them because, they do not always tell the truth. A third reason is if two police officers have to different opinions of what happened at a crime scene they need to have evidence such as video or pictures to see which police is telling the truth. So, that's why I think there is a need for police body cameras.

College Education Expense is another SERIOUS problem inn the U.S. As president I believe you could  fix this problem. So, here is a reason that supports my situation.

I would like to talk about affordability. One reason I think we should talk about affordability is most private colleges  can be up to $50,000 which is a lot more then what most people are paid during a whole year of working. A second reason is most families  cannot afford all of their children to go to college because of high cost, such as a family with 3 kids or higher. A third reason is lots of people have not gone to college  because they do not think they are smart enough  to get a job that could earn them enough money to pay for college.