Keenan O. Iowa

Enforcement of Gun Licensing.

The licensing of guns should be enforced greatly so that our we as a country can be safer.

My name is Keenan and I am writing you this letter because I would like to enforce weapon licensing in America. With the constant importation of many people into the country, I'd like to make all weapons including rifles, shotguns, crossbow or bows, and muzzleloaders illegal to buy without a permit or license.

In America, there are approximately 270 million civilians that own or possess a firearm and 897,000 carried by police officers. About 20% of the gun owners own 65% of the guns. The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms reports that about 5.5 million new firearms were manufactured in America in 2010. 65% of these were for the U.S. market.

With the enforcement of licensing of any weapon, I would like to enforce a background check for all people in the process of buying a weapon. A license should be a printed card, similar to a driver's license, with a person's general information with the class of weapon(s) they own. If authority asked someone carrying a handgun, that person would pull out their gun license and the authority could identify.

I feel like you should care about this because in America, there are too many dangerous people roaming the country without a gun license. If we enforce the licensing process then I believe that the country would be a safer place for all of us.

In Conclusion, I feel like it is ideal for all people who are carrying a gun or weapon in public should have a license. I think it should be necessary to enforce weapon licensing so the people of the Untied States can be safer.