Abby M. Georgia

Military in the Middle East

The military needs to be deployed to the Middle East to stop the spread of terrorism.

The United States military is one of the most powerful military forces in the world. However, our past presidents have been cutting military deployments to the Middle East short, and even bringing out hundreds of military personnel from our bases located in the Middle East. My father is in the military right now, so I know personally how hard deployment can be on military families. Even so, the United States should still be sending our troops into the Middle East to stop terrorism.

Over the past few years, ISIS has been a major threat to the United States and other countries. Many of their targets are located in the Middle East, and that is where ISIS is stationed at the moment. The United States are perfectly capable of defending countries that don’t have strong militaries. The ISIS military is growing, which means that ISIS will become more powerful, and will be more difficult to stop. ISIS has laid claim to many terrorist attacks that have happened this past year. There have even been ISIS followers that have carried out their own attacks, like the one in San Bernardino in June. If we don’t cut down the looming threat of ISIS, there will be an increase on attacks and deaths.

Secondly, there are hundreds of terrorist groups all over the world, though many of them are located in the Middle East. There are many smaller terrorist groups, but there are also many large ones, like ISIS. However, even the smallest terrorist groups can form alliances with large terrorist groups, or even countries. This is so the groups can get weapons, new troops, supplies, etc. Forming alliances will make them an even larger threat. Smaller terrorist groups are easier to take out, which is why our military should go to stop them before they grow larger. Some countries in the Middle East are defenseless against terrorism because their towns and cities have been invaded by terrorist groups.

Most people say that the United States military needs to stay in the United States to protect our country. However, our military is needed in the Middle East. The police are here to protect our nation; the military is to fight for other countries’ protection. Besides, the military will be back in the United States as soon as large terrorist threats are demolished. The United States military is not drafted anymore, it is now a volunteer thing; the soldiers want to defend our country and other countries. It is their job to do so.

In conclusion, the United States military is needed in Middle Eastern to stop terrorists. The threat of ISIS and any other terrorist groups can be stopped by our military. Police are here to protect our country, while the military is needed to protect weaker countries. Just like the Airman’s Creed says: “I am an American Airman, a Guardian of Freedom and Justice, MY Nation’s Sword and Shield, Its Sentry and Avenger. I defend my Country with My Life.”

Abby M.