A Massachusetts

The concerns of changing school lunches

School lunches have changed over the past couple of years and I think it is very concerning

I have a concern about our school lunches in our cafeteria. Since the new presidency our school lunches went from great food to gross food that nobody likes. I think that we could change this trend if we sacrificed so of the healthy foods and add more food that kids like. So we should stand up and make a real change in our schools.

In 2012 President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama made the “Let’s Move!” campaign which Obama changed the school lunch policy so that there is reduced sodium, saturated fat, and trans fat. I know that after this I experienced less taste in our food and I wasn’t very happy about it.

I think that kids deserve a better lunch and that they shouldn’t have to spend more money making lunches when they could be able to eat the lower price cafeteria food. Since the move to make healthier lunches the quality of the food went down and so I see more and more kids bringing lunch to school. I think we and our future president can make a lasting difference in the future.

A