Kimberly C. California

Immigration and the issue of diversity.

Hello. How are you? How does it feel to be the President of the United States? I am writing you this letter to inform you on the issue of immigration. Immigration has become the dominant topic in the presidential campaigns and deportation is a huge concern to people. Heritage Foundation states, β€œMore than 10 million undocumented aliens currently reside in the U.S., and that population is growing by 700,00 per year.” This statistic demonstrates how immigration is an essential part of America. The fact that these number of people immigrate every year strongly represents how the enriched culture everywhere brings something new upon people, that leads people to have different perspectives, which can make many community environments innovative. The presence of so many people in the United States make cities and communities look amazing and beautiful. 

On the other hand, some people say that immigration is the main reason Americans lose their jobs. But this is not true because immigrants just occupy any available space that there is, where Americans are not inclined to fulfill. Another complaint that people usually seem to state about immigration is that it just brings negative effects to cities because it's overpopulated. However, the variety of people greatly helps out with world economy. Immigration actually provides the capability of trading and investing with other markets, which makes the economy very beneficial. What needs to be done is to find a way to assure cities and communities that there is protection and security everywhere, that it's a safe environment and no one would be taken from their homes due to immigration.

Kimberly C.