Hailey Wisconsin

Orphans in the world

Orphans are not just a problem in the U.S but the whole world.

Dear president,

My name is Hailey Christiansen I go to school at Craig in Janesville WI, and I am here to tell you that orphans have been a problem for a very long time. There are orphans all around the world even in the U.S.

Statistics show that there are roughly around 400,000 children in foster care in the U.S. Approximately 100,000 are waiting to be adopted. There are around 2 billion children in the world and 200 million of them are orphans. 60 million of the orphans are from Asia. In the U.S around 30,000 children age out every year. They grow up without knowing the love and care of a family. 

In some countries there are even situations where children are being trafficked, being married off, and turned into child soldiers. Some times children are volunteering to be child soldiers, because they have nothing to lose and nobody to care for them. The UNICEF Says that around 300,000 children are involved in armed conflicts worldwide. In 2014 children made up of 1/3 of all trafficking victims of the world. Africa and the Middle East made up 62% of that. Some children are trafficked for organ removal. 

As for the early marriages girls have a high rate. One out of four women between 20-24 have been married before 18. In South Asia 50% where married before 18 and more than 15% where married before 15. For men they have a lower rate of early marriages. In Central African Republic 28% of there men for 20-24 where married before 18. In many more places they are seeing early marriages for men higher than 10%.

I am here to ask you to help these orphans in some way possible.  

Sincerely, Hailey

Sources 

Munawar,ATIF."Highest rates of orphans in the world."ATIF Munawar, June 4,      2015,WWW.Insidermonkey.com 

Hope,show." Orphan crisis." Show hope, March 24, 2014, WWW. showhope.org

Orphans, worldwide."the worlds most vulnerable children." Worldwide Orphans, April 7, 2015, WWW.lawstreetmedia.com