Perrice M. Wisconsin

Racial Profiling

I believe Mr Trump in order for this place or world or whatever to be great again if stop you racial profiling and discrimination, Also Make it a law that Racial profiling is illegal.

Dear Mr Trump,

racial profiling is a really big problem in the U.S. Are country has been through a lot of racism through the past, like slavery and other things that have happen in the U.S. The case that doesn't make any sense to me is the Garner's case. Eric garner was four hundred pound ordinary man who was selling untaxed cigarettes to people. As the officer tried to arrest him who Garner refused to arrested and was put into a chokehold which was banned from the police department. The forty three year old Garner yelled that he couldn't breath as the officer had him in a chokehold for fifteen to sixteen seconds. Those five officers have no right to treat any man like that it is wrong and it is sign of racial discrimination.

Evidence also shows that asian people are five times likely to be stopped by the police, Black people are seven times more likely to be stopped by the police than white people are. Only 0.6 percent ended in an act of terrorism or arrest. A study by a University of California, Davis professor found “evidence of a significant bias in the killing of unarmed black Americans relative to unarmed white Americans, in that the probability of being black, unarmed, and shot by police is about 3.49 times the probability of being white, unarmed, and shot by police on average.”Research consistently shows that minorities are more likely than whites to view law enforcement with suspicion and distrust. Minorities frequently report that the police disproportionately single them out because of their race or ethnicity.Half of Americans say racism is a big problem in the U.S., compared to 33 percent five years ago. Among Hispanics, 54 percent say more changes are needed to give African Americans equal rights with whites, white 43 say the necessary changes have already been made even though minorities believe that's not true.