Michelle Connecticut

Education is life

Education is important so everyone can go to school and learn. Students have a right to choose what school they feel is best for them.

Hi, my name is Michelle, I’m 18 years old and live in Greenwich, CT. I am eligible to vote in an election that has never occurred before in history. For the first time in United States, a woman is on the ballot and also a man who never held a government office or who has had a high ranking position in the military. An important issue that I care about is education for everyone regardless of race or income. I’m concerned that white and asian students have the opportunity to attend richer schools while the black and hispanic young adults are forced to go to poor schools. That’s not fair. Everybody deserves to go to a good school even if they are poor. We should find a way to make the school system work, so poor families can get an equal education. Every year students go to the same high school, based on where you live, you go to the nearest elementary school and middle school that is closer to you. I have an idea to change the system so that we don’t have one school for elementary education and one middle school. That way people of different races and from different backgrounds can be in one school together.

Education is important so everyone can go to school and learn. Students have a right to choose what school they feel is best for them. However this is not the case has students in most cities have to go to the school and the district where they live According to the Washington Post: “ A student’s outcome and their opportunity to learn are more determined by the neighborhood where a child lives than his or her abilities.” The quote from Washington post is trying to say that students it shouldn't be from their neighborhood it should be from where students grew up.

I want you to take to look at how the students in NYC schools suffer, and observe what they don’t have compared to a richer schools. Ms. Clinton or Mr. Trump, whoever will be your president, I want you to make one school so anybody can join. We must have one school, so everyone knows each other and can become friends and be a community. I know I’m 18 years old and don’t know what I’m talking about, I believe my words can change America! and even teenagers can have a voice that can change the world from their voice it's called freedom of speech

Thank you,

Michelle

Greenwich High School

English Lit and Comp 3

Eng Lit and Comp 3