Ndidi Tennessee

Immigration: Improve the Country

This persuasive letter is for the President to take action to enhance the country.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

Today, I will be discussing an important topic, immigration. According to “Frequently Requested Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States”, “ There were 11.1 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014,The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has estimated that 11.4 million unauthorized immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012.” This includes a specific group of people, the Nigerians.

According to, “ Nigerian Diaspora in the United States”, “Approximately, 376,000 Nigerian immigrants and their children (the first and second generations) live in the United States, and Nigeria is the largest source of African immigration to the United States.” As a second generation individual, I understand the sacrifices made daily by the first generation to give their kids a better life. According to, “Nigerian Diaspora in the United States”, “37% age 25 and older had a bachelor’s degree as their highest education credential, compared to 20% of the general U.S. population.” The median annual income of Nigeria diaspora households was about $52,000 versues $50,000 for all U.S. households. Nigerian diaspora member age 16 and older were more likely than the general U.S. population to be in the labor force: 73 % versues 64%.” Our country is made up mostly of immigrants that are coming to seek a better life Therefore, discussing and problem solving this issue will be the most beneficial for the whole country. The next president should ensure a way to help all immigrants have access to a high quality education, good employment opportunities, and more of an equal opportunity to succeed in life. In order to carry this out, laws or bills can be passed so these things will be more of a requirement These goals can benefit the lives of this group of people because it makes the stress of everyday struggles of life lighten. This process will work because it will set the example for what we as a people can achieve.

In conclusion, giving immigrants the opportunity to have a better life and give them an equal chance to be successful will be very beneficial. If this example is continued for all immigrant ethnic groups then we can have a more peaceful and productive country.

Source1 : http://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/frequently-requested-statistics-immigrants-and-immigration-united-states

file:///home/chronos/u-fed4f0302ec5023fe29bf4668a22cb6906470be7/Downloads/RAD-Nigeria%20(5).pdf

STEM Prep High School

STEM Prep High School: Nashville

The Graduating Class of 2024.