Esmeralda A. California

How does immigrants effect the ecomony?

Immigrants are a big part of today's life. Immigrants do a lot to help out this country and everyone else just takes advantage of them. They are here to make America better, but they feel bad for how everyone is treating them.

13.3% of Americans are immigrants. The jobs that immigrants take the jobs that Americans don’t want. Immigrants come to the US to have a better life. People always think bad of them. People think that immigrants come here to sell drugs. Immigrants want the same thing as Americans. Some immigrants call themselves Americans, because of how hard or bad there life was back home. Americans always complain about not having a job. There is always a job in the fields. Americans just don’t want to be in that heat and work condition. Yes, some Americans will do it, but none of them will last as long as immigrants. “According to the EPI’s report, immigration’s effect on employment depends on the economy. If the economy is weak and does not respond well to change, in the short run an increase in immigration could have the effect of reducing the number of jobs available to native-born workers, particularly those with lower education levels.” - Jacob Passy. I agree with this quote 100%. The information that I found isn’t that shocking. Americans guilt immigrants for taking “their jobs”, but yet the jobs that immigrants are doing aren’t the best and are always in the worst condition. Immigrants help us out. Everyone thinks that immigrants just make things worse. The ways that immigrants start a business. According to the Small Business Administration, immigrants are 30 percent more likely to start a business in the United States than non-immigrants, and 18 percent of all small business owners in the United States are immigrants. Also, not all immigrants are poor. Immigrants work as hard as they can and yet they still get food on the table.

Esmeralda Angel 

MCAA

MCAA B4

English 9 Block 4 students share their concerns with the future POTUS