Emma L. Wisconsin

Gun Violence in the United States

Gun Violence is a big problem in some states. As of December 23, 2015, 12,942 have been killed by gun violence. I think that Donald Trump should be future president because he tells it like it is and doesn't leave anything out.

I think that the future president should try and stop gun violence because the United States has 88.8 guns per 100 people, or about 270,000,000 guns, which is the highest total and per capita number in the world. He/She should also put in mind that 22% of Americans own one or more guns (35% of which are men and 12% of which are woman). Also another 14% of people were asked if they personally own a gun or guns and said no, but live in a household in which someone else (spouse or family member) does own a firearm. A November 26, 2013 study found that between 1980 and 2009, "assault weapons bans did not significantly affect murder rates at the state level." States with restrictions on the carrying of concealed weapons had higher gun related murders. States with the largest increases in gun ownership also have the largest drops in violent crimes.

Gun related crimes have become very consistent in the United States lately. Many people are being killed in gunfights, and being shot on accident. I think that Donald should become our future president because I think that he can convince people who own any type of gun to be safe, and if they think about doing anything that is unsafe with the gun the gun will be confiscated.

De Pere Middle School

Kleveno Block 1

This group is for students in Block 1.