Michael M. Kentucky

Living as a Minority in America

The rising reports of police brutality towards minorities (especially African-Americans) has reached critical condition. I speak on the matter of dealing with officers who kill the same people they were sworn to protect.

As a African American male living in society, the idea of being lynched and abused for the color of my skin was always on my mind, but I didn't think it would consume my thoughts as it does in this day in age. I speak upon the issue of racial profiling and police brutality across the United States, and I want to know how YOU as the next President will change the way different races are seen and portrayed in society. Over the last few years there have been more incidents concerning officers using unnecessary even deadly force against civilians over small offenses with the victim showing little to no form of resistance. As much as I hate to admit it, most of these cases all involve violence towards the working class–ESPECIALLY minorities. All of these officers who did in fact murder these people get away with a probation or no form of punishment AT ALL. I speak for all minorities here when I say that I do NOT want to walk down the street with the fear of being shot just because I look suspicious. I do NOT want to be beaten senselessly just because I tried to break up a fight in an attempt to maintain the peace. It is true, the police as a whole are not to blame, just as people of various ethnicities and races are not to blame. We should look for those who create a bad influence on society and those who kill the very people they're sworn to protect and punish these people justly not unfairly, or brutally, but JUSTLY. As the head of the Executive Branch whose purpose is to ENFORCE the laws of the Constitution I ask you to become a fair enforcer who speaks for all races on this issue and to put an end to at least SOME of the unnecessary violence that exist today.