M Massachusetts

Bullying is a big problem

Bullying has been a problem for a long time and it still is now.

Dear Madam or Mr. President,

This topic is important to me because nobody deserves a miserable life and as they say, treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Knowing people that have been bullied, I’ve heard their experiences and how terrible it was to go through it. People that haven’t done anything wrong are getting bullied everyday. They’re getting unnecessary treatment that makes their days turn down. Most of the bullies that cause this don’t even get caught or punished because in some places, the teachers don’t do much about it. What they don’t realize is that this is a very serious case. Due to bullying, there are suicides, depression, and many other problems that you normally don’t see. As a person and a student, I would never like to see someone go through this so I am hoping you will do something about bullying.

My first case that proves why bullying is an important problem right now is about the cancer survivor who suicided due to being bullied by her peers when she wasn’t able to smile like others do. Surviving cancer is very fortunate and is something to be congratulated for, but when this sixth grader finally survived, she was not even welcomed in her school. Opposite from that, she was bullied harshly until she eventually shot herself with a gun in the school. Although the school was aware of this, they were not able to stop this. Another case that was caused by bullying was the Amanda Todd suicide case. Around 2011 and 2012, a 15 year old teen girl killed herself because she was bullied in her school and outside. When something horrible happened in the internet, it spread very quickly and when she entered the school building, she was blown with mean comments and a lot of bullying action. In the world, there are many people who are harming themselves or killing themselves because of bullying. They go through many things like depression and as we all know, depression is a serious thing.

These events shows that we aren’t trying hard enough to help those who are getting bullied. Even though I know that many schools are already helping students feel more comfortable in the school, some schools are leaving it as if it wasn’t their problem. As a person and a student, I would never like to see someone go through this so I am hoping you will do something about bullying. Never should we have a world where people try to press down their peers so harshly that they are not able to trust anyone or live life normally. Overall, you can see that it isn’t some simple and small topic, but is a big problem for many people. I believe that we have to try to improve how we take care of bullying and try to get rid of bullying in many places so we won’t have horrible events like the examples listed. It would be great if you carried out an action on the bullying issue. Thank you.