Caroline M. Kentucky

Too many people are being killed each day. Two ways that we can prevent unnecessary killings is by always performing background checks when guns are purchased and by closing loopholes so people can’t buy guns online or at gun shows. Doing these things would help keep our country much more safe because it would help ensure that guns don’t get into the hands of a criminal.

There has recently been a lot of talk over gun control issues and I think that there are too many people that are being killed each day. Two ways that we can prevent unnecessary killings is by always performing background checks when guns are purchased and by closing loopholes so people can’t buy guns online or at gun shows. Doing these things would help keep our country much more safe because it would help ensure that guns don’t get into the hands of a criminal.

One way that we can keep our country more safe is by always performing background checks when people go to purchase guns. I think that anyone who has past criminal records should not be able to purchase a gun. Doing this would keep our country much more safe and help to decrease the amount of people murdered each day.

Background checks are very important in keeping the United States safe because many past criminals attempt to purchase guns. If we performed background checks then they would not be able to purchase guns. This is important to our safety because many criminals become repeat offenders. If they attempted to kill someone 20 years ago, there is a good chance that they will do it again. If they get their hands on a gun, people could become in great danger.

Another way that we can prevent harm in our country is by closing loopholes regarding gun purchases. For example, making sure people are unable to buy guns online or at gun shows. It has been shown that criminals bypass the controls in place and purchase lethal weapons online and at gun shows. They do this because no one knows who is buying the guns.

Closing loopholes is important because at gun shows many sellers are unlicensed. Federally licensed gun sellers are required to run background checks, sellers who are unlicensed do not. This means that people who normally wouldn’t be allowed to purchase guns can. Closing loopholes is important because if we don’t, guns could get into the wrong persons’ hands and things might just get out of control!

So as future president, I hope that you will address the gun control issues. If you are truly a good president, you will insure that background checks are performed when guns are sold and limit the amount of guns sold online and at gun shows. I look forward to having you in office.

Caroline M. 

Louisville, Kentucky

NoeMiddle6Pacesetters

Pacesetters Block 1 Social Studies

Pacesetters Block 1 Social Studies