Luke G. Illinois

Health Care

America currently faces healthcare issues. For some, the ride to get to the hospital gets dangerous, as well as the hospital itself. Our payment system encourages healthcare costs to go up. Billions of dollars are wasted every year. Our payment system encourages healthcare costs to go up. Finally, the Lack of Transparency. The rising of deliveries have risen for decades.

America currently faces healthcare issues. For some, spending time at the hospital and serving as a patient or even getting to their admitted hospital gets dangerous. Billions of dollars are wasted every year. Our payment system encourages healthcare costs to go up. Finally, the Lack of Transparency. The rising of deliveries have risen for decades.

One of health care’s most common problems. One in four Medicare patients admitted to a hospital suffers some harm during their stay. Early elective deliveries harm mostly women and newborns. Babies born at 37-39 completed weeks receive a much higher risk of death. They are also at a far higher risk for harms like respiratory problems and admission to the.

A report by the Institute of Medicine Health suggests a third or more of health costs are wasted. The cost of these unnecessary and harmful early elective deliveries estimated in a study reaching nearly $1 billion per year. 

Traditionally, health plans, Medicare and Medicaid pay the people for whatever services they deliver. Regardless of whether the service benefits the patient. Our healthcare actually encourages more money paid to our payment services. They create admissions to NICUs, and NICUs are profit centers. Studies suggest reducing the rate of these deliveries to a reasonable number takes away as many as one-half million NICU days, which lower health costs for the U.S. However, this forces hospitals to take a big financial hit. States like South Carolina and Texas are trying to reverse the incentives, the same goes for many employers. Unfortunately, they become the exception proving the terrible rule of insane payment incentives.

We have far more information made available to us to compare and select a new car than we do to choose where to go for lifesaving health care. Transparency awaken change like nothing else. Early elective deliveries show despite warnings over the years from medical societies and highly respected national organizations. The rates of deliveries have risen throughout decades. Consumers deserve to know these rates for every hospital delivering babies in the country.

In conclusion, America currently faces healthcare issues. For some, billions of dollars are wasted every year. Our payment system encourages healthcare costs to go up. The ride to get to the hospital gets dangerous, as well as the hospital itself. Finally, the Lack of Transparency. The rising of deliveries have risen for decades. I hope you do not take these issues lightly and make an effort to fix them.

Luke Garingan