payton l. Washington

pro-choice on abortion

This essay is on pro-choice abortion and how religion and government can affect peoples choices on weather or not to get an abortion.

Dear Mr. or Ms. President,

In 2012, 699,202 legal induced abortions were reported to CDC,My issue is about abortion and pro-choice,people should care about this because people have a right to know that they have control over their own body. I think that abortion should pro choice because it's their choice to keep their baby or not, it's not others choice if you don't or get an abortion. Religion greatly influences many people on weather or not to get an abortion.

Religion greatly influences many people on weather or not to get an abortion. From a christian view, deliberate abortion is murder. That is why Christians are against it, even though governments in some parts of the world have legalized it. Christians think that abortion is  killing the most defenseless living beings by taking away their most basic human right, the right to life. Some people because of this keep the fetus because they are afraid of being damned to hell. The catholic church sees abortion as the termination of an unborn life and therefore, it's always wrong, sinful, and immoral. many women choose to terminate the fetus even though it goes against their religion. Abortion: Every woman's right “The single most common reason why women have an abortion is not being able to afford the cost of raising a child”written by (Sharon Smith) .this quote means that when a women gets pregnant young she sometimes does have a job or ,money to spend on the baby to take care of it and if her religion says she must keep the baby she will lose everything and become homeless and the baby will suffer because of the lack of food it's given. I myself am catholic and believe that women have the right to choose.This shows that just because you belong to a certain religion doesn't mean you have to go along with every practice they have or agree with the same things that they do.

It's the woman's choice on if she gets an abortion or not , it's not others choice if she does or does not get an abortion it's not other choice on whether or not it's OK. When a pregnancy is unwanted, its continuation can take a heavy toll on a woman's physical and emotional well-being. A woman's right to physical integrity entitles her to decide whether or not she will carry a pregnancy to term.“The first right must be to keep one’s body safe, private, and healthy; without that, all other rights are meaningless.”this is a quote is from Abortion: Women's Rights...and Wrongs ,written by (Frederica Mathews-Green). The meaning of this quote is that every right is important because this is like the domino effect like how one falls they all fall. Denying women access to abortion is a form of gender discrimination. This shows that it will hurt the mother physically and emotionally if it's unwanted and she is forced to keep her baby.

Some people may say”By destroying the most basic human bond of all—that between mother and child—abortion dissolves the precious glue that binds our nation together.” written by (TFP Student Action), but it’s the mother choice because it would be unfair to the baby if it couldn't be supported or it was homeless or hungry that's no way to live.

In conclusion abortion should stay pro-choice or and become illegal in every state,because its the woman's choice not others. Religion makes people keep the baby because they fear that they are doing wrong in god's eyes. I am 14 years old and in high school in west Seattle I myself have never had anything to do with abortion but I know how it affect people's lives or their emotions and I know its right to have an right over your body.