Matthew v. California

medical marijuana

legalizing medical marijuana

I’m writing to address the issue of legalizing medical marijuana in the United States. In America, cannabis users do not go on rampages through the city, in fact crimes in Colorado have actually decreased since they legalized marijuana. In 2012 there was 658,000 arrests for the possession of marijuana but none of the arrests were violent. The arrests were simply low-level offenses. There’s even a chance that crimes will go down if marijuana’s made legal. According to procon.org it states in all 25 out of the 50 states that have legalized marijuana for medical purposes, there crime rates has went down by at least by 5%.

Another reason marijuana should be legalized is that it has positive effects on the body. It makes your body feel good when you have pains. It`s like a painkiller that you can`t overdose off of.THC increases appetite and reduces nausea. The FDA-approved THC-based medications are used for these purposes. THC may also decrease pain, inflammation (swelling and redness), and muscle control problems.CBD is a cannabinoid that does not affect the mind or behavior. It may be useful in reducing pain and inflammation, controlling epileptic seizures, and possibly even treating mental illness and addictions.

For instance, recent animal studies have shown that marijuana extracts may help kill certain cancer cells and reduce the size of others.Research in mice showed that treatment with purified extracts of THC and CBD, when used with radiation, increased the cancer-killing effects of the radiation (Scott, 2014).Marijuana slows down the growth of cancer cells and its weakens the cause of hiv/aids.

In conclusion i think that medical marijuana should be legal in all of our states in the u.s because it has positive effects on the body, kills cancer cells, and reduces the size of others. If it’s used responsibly it can save many people's lives. In there for i believe that medical marijuana should be legal in all 50 states in the usa.

Sincerely,Matthew.Vega 

Bernal Intermediate

Mrs. Fresh's Freshest Class

We are the leaders of tomorrow and we care. We have astonishing points of view on society and the challenges we need to deal with. We are one of few 8th grade classes who are writing, talking and standing up for our cause whether it be discrimination or corruption we have no fear, we will stand!. We are very passionate about our issues even though we can't vote. We still have a voice and want to be heard!