David J. Florida

Economy

My letter to the president is about changing our economy and the ways that our president could fix it before Obama leaves the office and it is too late.

Dear Mr. President:

I am a resident of Miami, FL and I am writing to you to express my deep concern about our economy and how our country needs to do something about it to fix it.

Many countries such as China and Germany have started growing and will one day catch up to our capitalist American model.

On November 8 our country will have to make a huge decision about the next president and the most important thing you could do for our country is take action before you leave office.

The most important thing that you could do to improve our economy is reducing our national debt.

One way that you could reduce our national debt is by reducing military costs by taking the business out of the military thus creating new jobs and saving money in our country. There are a lot of American citizens serving in other countries because of political issues and war dangers.

If we were able to keep a good relationship with other countries such as Japan we wouldn’t need to send out military forces to other countries.

It is also important for you to reduce the domestic business tax because it will make the United States more appealing to start a business and give the middle class a chance of starting their own businesses. This will also bring more businesses back to America bringing us a lot more profit.

A lot of products in the United States have been downgraded because of some of the Chinese goods, if you put a tariff on Chinese goods people would start buying more American goods.

This country revolves around business and trade and without it there would be no country.

I really hope you take my recommendations into consideration before it is too late and other countries slowly overtake and surpass us.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request. I look forward to your prompt response.

David Jochheim

Mourning Senior High School

Hoover Period #3

GOPO Letters to the next President