jackson B. Kentucky

The importance of gun control

In this letter I tell you about the importance of enforcing our gun laws.

I would like to congratulate you on your election. I’ve written this letter to express the importance of gun control. I know that there are lots of situations that you face as president, however I feel gun control is the most important. There have been a lot of gun related homicides recently. I also feel that whoever is elected should take precaution to help prevent these gun related homicides.

The first thing I think the future President should do to prevent gun related homicides is perform background checks before anybody buys a gun. I think that you should perform background checks before anybody buys a gun is because, someone with a criminal record or someone with very bad anger issues may be trying to buy a gun. If somebody with bad anger issues buys a gun, they could very easily shoot somebody over the smallest issue. Somebody on the terror watch list could be trying to buy a gun, but you would not know unless you performed a background check. That is why I think that the government should perform background checks on anybody buying a gun.

My second reason is, over 117,000 people in the U.S. get shot every year! That is a lot of people. If you enforced our gun laws, it would save a lot of families from having to suffer a loved one being shot and killed. Also, it would increase America's population while also dropping the number of gun related homicides. This why I feel you should enforce our gun laws while keeping the 2nd amendment.

My third and final reason why you should enforce our gun laws more is because, in 2010 firearms were the 3rd leading cause of death. (Following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents). Also 3000 children die from guns every year! If you were to tighten/enforce our gun laws, you could probably save hundreds if not thousands of children each year. That as well would decrease America's gun related homicides.That is my third and final reason I think you should enforce our gun laws more.

Now you know my three reasons why you should enforce our gun laws better. Congratulations, again, on being elected. Have a great time in the oval office!

NoeMiddle6Pacesetters

Pacesetters Block 4 Social Studies

Pacesetters Block 4 Social Studies