Jack R. Kentucky

Stop Hurting, Start Healing

Global warming is affecting the world dramatically in more ways than we know of right now. If we do not do something about it now, we may never be able to stop global warming in the future. In the future I hope we will get to see many more solar panels and less fossil fuel burning.

Dear Mister /Madam President,

It has come to my attention that our Earth is in a treacherous state. If we do not act now Earth could soon be destroyed. Since this is a possibility that we must consider, we should change our ways now. One extremely important way to start the change is by building solar panels. Burning fossil fuels is one of the main causes of climate change, so no longer being allowed to burn fossil fuels would be a great change and reduce the rate of climate change. A third way to reduce climate change is to recycle and/or not waste electricity. There are so many ways you as president can help heal the Earth and here are just a few!

Solar panels are the key to reducing global warming as quickly as possible. If we build enough solar panels to power all the houses, cars, etc., in this world, we might never have to burn a single fossil fuel again. This would be because we would have sunlight to power our modern technology. Solar panels take in sunlight and convert it into usable energy to power things such as our homes. Unlike fossil fuels, solar energy isn't scarce. Fossil fuels will eventually run out if we keep using them but solar energy will never become scarce.

When burned, fossil fuels release sulphur dioxide that create holes in the ozone layer. The ozone layer protects the earth from harmful ultraviolet rays. Scientists have discovered a hole in the ozone layer caused mainly by harmful gases released into our atmosphere. The ultraviolet rays are heating up the earth causing global warming. Once electricity from solar panels becomes abundant and cheap, we should pass a law that fossil fuels and other harmful chemicals will never be burned from that day forth. Doing this will reduce a good amount of global warming. The ozone layer just needs time to heal so going green and not hurting it anymore will make it so much easier to heal.

Finally, wasting electricity is hurting our environment. Electricity is produced by burning coal- a fossil fuel- which as we know hurts the ozone layer. To cut back on using harmful electricity you can buy your own solar panels to install on your roof. As president, you could try to make solar panels less expensive so more people will be able to go green. But if you just can't do this, make sure to encourage America to turn off the lights when we don't need them. Every time we turn off the lights we are saving the earth a little bit more.

So, global warming might be affecting our planet dramatically but I am confident that you will help bring forth reality and help stop climate change! By doing the things that I have suggested above, we can easily be the change. With your help, the next generations will be living in a happy, healthy, and extra-green world. Global warming doesn’t stand a chance against us!

Jack R.

Louisville, KY

Bibliography

http://www.climatechange.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=D27052CE-1

http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/weatherandclimatechange/energy/fossilfuels.asp

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/ozone-layer-is-healing-but-we-are-now-contributing-to-climate-change-more-than-ever-9725631.html