Olivia H Georgia

Gun control

We need more restrictions when buying guns

The problem of gun control is a very serious matter and needs to be fixed immediately. Gun violence over the years has increased very much. For this reason, we as a country need better screenings and stricter laws when buying guns.

After researching, KQED states,” There has been more than 350 mass shootings in the United States this year,” and within the shootings, 4 or more people were killed or injured in gunfire. Most of these shootings would have been prevented if our country had more suitable screenings. The shootings matter in the issue because innocent people have died due to firearms. Charts show that most of the people that were the cause of the shootings, shouldn’t even have had the firearms.

A chart shows that the US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world with about 90 guns per 100 people which is about 30 more guns than the following country. Our country allows to many people that shouldn’t own guns have them. Obviously, America doesn't want a bad reputation, so for this reason you should change the way we as a country sees the problem and fix what is happening.

In the country of the United States, violence with firearms have gotten way out of hand in the past year. We can repair the problem but effort has to be put in. If we do not make rates go down soon, many things can happen due to the dilemma. All we have to do is place better screenings and regulations when buying guns. Gun control is a very big matter in our world today, but we can change that and make gun control not as big of a problem.

Olivia H