Matthew S. California

School Funding

School Funding

Dear The Next President,

It seems like every year I hearing something about how schools can’t fund activities for the kids or how schools don’t have funds for an art class or any other class. When i hear things like these it makes feel frustrated how schools don’t get enough funds for kids, when kids should be the main priority of the state. Kids should have the chance to have a class where they are able to express themselves and feel free, in most cases it is either the art class or sometimes drama. Classes like these are what kids need to enjoy school and wake up every morning knowing that they have an art or drama class to have fun in.

Yeah most people might say that drama and art classes aren’t necessary but for some kids they are. Plus the state already hands put money to unnecessary projects or activities, for example, The University of California received 615,000 dollars for making T- shirts and photos for the band “The Grateful Dead”. They gave them money to help a band make T-shirts, when they could have gave that money to a school for an art or drama class or even getting the school new equipment like basketballs, soccer balls, etc….It is stupid expenses the government had made to stop funding classes for kids. So when i hear a school not having enough funds for a class or something else it reminds of what stupid things the government has paid for instead of school education.

So my question to the next president is “What will you do to improve school education”.

John Henry Francis Polytechnic High School

Honors English 10 A / Period 2

Sophomore English class in the magnet program of John H. Francis Polytechnic High School in Sun Valley, California.