Angelica O. New York

Women`s Equality

Women in America have gained the freedom, equality, and justice that they have desired. So what seems to be the problem?

There has been a terrible confusion within our nation. It seems that the women who have raised our men, the men who are the head of our businesses, corporations, government and country, are being undermined, underpaid, and ignored due to the gender bias and gender supremacy evident within our country’s history and still displayed within the modern day workplace. Although women have gained the freedom to work in any place and position they so desire, a nationwide mentality of male supremacy still maintains a negative toll on women within the workplace.  ”And at the top of industry and government, the faces remain stubbornly male. In fact, there is some evidence that the numbers of women are actually decreasing."  As Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook, said, “Women are not making it to the top of any profession in the world."  Similarly, "it is true that progress in terms of gender equality is uneven, but the proponents of the argument that women are taking over the world at work need only look at statistics on employment, equal pay and political representation of men and women to see just how wrong they are ("My Thoughts on Feminism." Crispyychicken. N.p., 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.)”

As the president, please be sure to remember the women by granting them equality in the workforce and combating the wage gap between the genders.

Angelica O.

Repertory Company High School

Period 4

Letters to our Future President