Hunter T. Washington

A State of War

We do not need further military spending.

Our country has been in a state of war for almost the entirety of my life. We have been nuzzling our way into conflicts that don’t involve us directly. Not to mention our astounding ability to breed extremism through our occupation in the middle east. I believe that I speak for many when I say that I don’t want corrupt politicians deciding the fate of the world’s largest military force. It is a dangerous thing when you put that kind of power into the hands of the greedy.

Our candidate for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, Donald Trump, states that he wants to, “make our Military so big, powerful and strong that no one will mess with us.”. Personally this notion terrifies me for many reasons. This is scary to me because we already have the most powerful military in the world and the solution to our problems is not to increase military spending. In fact, Donald Trump often speaks on our national debt and if he thinks spending more than the $601 Billion already given will help that, than he is sadly mistaken.

Best of luck,

Hunter Topoleski