Nayada A. Illinois

Rights Of Immigration

Immigrants have the same rights as us American people. They should get treated the same way as Americans. They only came here for better experiences not to make anyone's life horrible.

Almost 100 years ago, immigration to the United States of America from Mexico had started. All immigrants wanted was to start a better life and become just like american people. They didn’t mean to cause harm and or trouble to those in America. They wanted better jobs, and a better way of living.

The most common reason why most immigrants came here was to seek better employment and economic opportunities. Sometimes they have to leave to protect their lives because of conflict and or violence in their country. Immigrants aren’t coming here to make our lives or anyone's lives a living nightmare. They only wanted to have equal opportunities and rights like the American people.

You are trying to take that away from them due to the harsh feeling you have about them.

It can be a challenge for immigrants because they don’t know the language, background, and the everyday living experiences. You are just trying to change everything. You're trying to make America just this great amazing place with no minorities and no immigration. On your website it states “Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.” You're trying to build a wall to block Mexican minorities from getting over to America. You want people that are illegal out of our country and moved back to the country they were born in. On your website you state “There are at least 2 million convicted criminal aliens now inside the country.”You are causing disrespect by not acknowledging these people as humans but as “aliens”. They might be criminals but you don’t have to be disrespectful and call them out of there name. Your website say“Turn off the jobs and benefits magnet. Many immigrants come to the U.S. illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants.” You don’t want them to have the same opportunities for immigrants as Americans, you don’t want them to work in our country and have equal opportunities. Everyone is born with equal rights no matter the race and ethnicity. Everyone has equals rights the moment they are born. So you are wrong for trying to treat immigrants different than us american people.

Sincerely, Nayada Adams

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.