Alvin J. Illinois

Trump can do good if he know what is good

Trumps ideas on making America Great again is not to bad, it is just the way he plans to do it and what he will do after it.

Dear Mr. Trump,

Using my experience of the real world, One of the most controversial problems in society is discrimination. I have been discriminated against multiple times. But because of the society I live in and the time period, since people are getting better at not discriminating, I barely am a victim of it. But I do get discriminated against because of multiple physical and mental aspects, mostly physical. For example my skin color or how I look, or how big or small I am. All these aspects are used against me in deciding in who they think I am. A specific person who is currently brought up for this topic is you. You were brought up for this topic because of your highly racist motives. One of the topics that are brought up is immigration. Solving the problem for immigration is okay but the way you plans to do it is the real problem. Also you plan to defeat ISIS. This is also not bad but the way you plan to do it is kind of racist toward foreign people. Lastly I think you are a hypocrite. I think this because he plans to make America great again by using similar methods the germans used in World War 2 minus the huge amounts of death.

You plan to fix America by fixing the huge amount of immigration from Mexico. One of the ways you plan to do this is to build a wall between us and Mexico. In your website it say “ Begin working on an impenetrable physical wall on the southern border, on day one. Mexico will pay for the wall.” This is wrong in so many ways. Building a wall between us is like rebuilding the Berlin wall but in the U.S. Also you plan to make Mexico pay for the wall even though they don't want the wall. You plan to do this by using The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326. “The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 -the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below.” You also plans to get rid of President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. “Immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced - we will triple the number of ICE agents. Anyone who enters the U.S. illegally is subject to deportation. That is what it means to have laws and to have a country.” Your idea on fixing immigration is not a bad idea it’s just the way you plans to do it.

You have plans to make America great again by defeating ISIS. This is a really good idea but your plan after you defeat ISIS and how you defeat ISIS is not that great. After you “destroy” ISIS you plans to enhance new screening procedures. “Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.” This is bad because you are making new people coming to our country go through an advanced screening under the assumption that they are terrorist but not U.S citizens. Doing this proves that you are a hypocrite because in his website he says “Uphold our freedoms, constitutional values and principles that our country was founded on.” But you don’t uphold other people freedom. And you say “Protect and defend the bill of rights, including the freedom of religion, speech, press and right to bear arms.” Even though you are discriminating against foreign topics.

A specific person who is currently brought up for this topic is you. You were brought up for this topic because of your highly racist motives. One of the topics that are brought up is immigration. Solving the problem for immigration is okay but the way you plans to do it is the real problem. Also you plan to defeat ISIS. This is also not bad but the way you plan to do it is kind of racist toward foreign people. Lastly I think you are a hypocrite. I think this because he plans to make America great again by using similar methods the germans used in World War 2 minus the huge amounts of death.

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.