Aidan

Letter to Future President

The letter is about how the future president should focus on terrorism and its effects on people.

September 29th, 2016

Mr./Madame President

Dear Future Mr./Madame President,

There are lots of issues in this country, but the next president should be concerned with terrorism and its effect on the American people. Lately, there have been terrorist attacks around the world. ISIS has terrorized places like Paris, New York, Turkey, and so many more places. Terrorism is a serious issue the next POTUS needs to address.

To take action against the terrorist America needs advanced security and background checks. America has the tools and the ability to do these things, but they need to be used more often and need to be more advanced. Background checks will help fight terrorist because we can closely monitor who comes in and out of the country. Also, if where they are going is dangerous or a threat to the U.S. However, nobody should be discriminated because of where they come from or the color of their skin, because then there negative effects from terrorism on people. That is what we are trying to avoid.

We can not let what happened on September 11, 2001, happen to America again. We canโ€™t let the terrorist win, we must fight back by the rules. If we do not fight back following the rules and the constitution, than we are no better than them. The next president should be concerned with terrorism and should use background checks to the best of his/her abilities to take action against the terrorist to protect the American people and the Constitution of the United States of America.

Aidan

Ripon High School

English I Honors

Students from Mrs. Valponi's English I Honors class