Megan L. California

Abortion is Freedom

Women have the right to choose.

To start off, I believe that abortion should be legal in America. America is known as the land of opportunity, therefore, we have the choice if we want an abortion. It is personal freedom to be able to stop your pregnancy rather than saying it's not okay because it's against the bible. I think it's up to you and in accordance with your faith and medical advice given by a medical professional what you wish to do with your body and pregnancy. The government is not based on the bible, therefore, it should not be the deciding factor rather get an abortion or not. To get an abortion or not is a personal choice and I do not think the government should be telling you to want you can and can’t do with your body.

In a larger sense, the legalization of abortion in the supreme court case Roe v. Wade back in 1973 was the right thing for our country and should not be overturned. Overall, it is and should stay a right to choose if you want a child at that point in your life or not. Abortion should remain legal.

β€œNo woman can call herself free who does not control her own body.”― Margaret Sanger 

Megan Lassen