Kayla New Jersey

Terrorism

Terrorism is a big issue across the world that needs to be solved as soon as possible.

Terrorism is a big problem in the U.S that we have yet to solve. I strongly believe that, this awful event needs to be put to an end before all of our lives are put to end. There have been numerous deadly attacks by terrorists in places like, Paris and San Bernardino, California. Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims, which should not be tolerated anywhere. Also, Terrorism has increased over the years as the most important problem in the U.S and will continue to increase as long as terrorism is permitted.

The reason for terrorism relates to what is happening at that time period in society, and I know, you may be thinking, terrorism doesn’t happen very often but in a way it does. If you actually sit down to think about it, each time a terrorist attacks it is not only one innocent person’s life that has been taken, it is hundreds or even thousands. Basically, what this act of cruelty symbolizes is that “The nations are irrelevant because of nuclear weapons. If the whole world can be destroyed together within minutes the alternative can only be that the whole world should be together. Now it cannot remain divided; its division is dangerous, because division can become war at any moment. The division cannot be tolerated. Only one war is enough to destroy everything, and there is not much time left for man to understand that we should create a world where the very possibility of war does not exist”, as it says in the article on www.oshno.org. This means that terrorists attack because they feel that the world should not be divided by war, everyone should be together so when they attack, they are killing themselves as well as others so they wouldn’t be separated, everyone would be destroyed together. But that doesn’t make it right to harm the lives of innocent people, the world is divided for a reason.

Terrorism is one of those issues in society that is extremely difficult to solve, because there is so many reasons why terrorists attack. But that can’t stop us from reducing the problem as much as we can. For instance, some ways we can decrease the risk of attacks by terrorists is to “Stop Arming Terrorists”, according to globalresearch.org. “Were arming the most violent terrorists in the Middle East, as part of a geopolitical strategy to overthrow leaders we don’t like… Previously leaked documents showed that funding extremist rebels doesn’t work but Obama decided to fund the Syrian rebels anyway for cynical political gain”. This shows that terrorism could’ve been avoided at least once but instead even our president was helping these extremists attack. We can also “ Stop Mass Surveillance”. The article states,” Top security experts agree that mass surveillance makes us vulnerable to terrorists”. This means that to reduce the risk of terrorist attacks to as little as it can be we should stop mass surveillance because it make the attacks easier, which is definitely not gonna help us. As you can see it’s not impossible to stop terrorists from attacking and taking these next few steps to solving the problem can save someone's life.

In conclusion, Terrorism is a big issue that needs to be solved as soon as possible, or the lives of more citizens will be snatched for no good reason. Also terrorism can be solved, it’s not impossible as long as we all come together and do the world this favor. For example, we can stop mass surveillance, stop arming terrorists, and much more to prevent this issue. So think about the lives of others and save them from having their lives cut short.