Raveen P. California

Women should have the final say!

Our body our decision

Please take the following claim in consideration regarding abortion. Many people believe it is wrong to abort a child, because you are taking a life. However, according to Foster Club, “Over 400,000 American children are in foster care…”. Although the foster care program gives children a roof to live under, not all are safe or healthy. Not everyone is ready to be a parent, resulting in millions of children struggling to take care of themselves or on the streets. 

Personally I don’t think it is fair in all situations and women should have the final say in whether they want to have an abortion . Unplanned or difficulties in pregnancies occur all the time, whether it is a result of a rape or a situation where the mother is put in danger. Throughout history, women have been restricted from their full rights, but this specific one is the most important right that should be given to them. Women put their lives in danger to bear children and many don’t regret it one bit. Abortion should only be a option for the first trimester, in which an individual should be able to come to their own conclusions and make their own decision, for what they think is best.

Thank You

Santa Clara High School

11th graders in AP English Language SCHS

11th grade students in AP English Language at SCHS