Sam P. Georgia

Abortions

Abortions are a serious problem, and we need to reduce the number of them.

There is a problem killing more people than guns. The problem is abortions. According to nationalreview.com, “the number of abortions after the 20th week exceeds the number of gun deaths in the U.S. last year.” Abortions are a serious problem, and we need to reduce the number of them.

There are abortions going on every day, and there are almost no restrictions. Many people are okay with abortions, but there are lots of reasons not to get them. First of all, the fetus feels the pain. According to procon.org, fetuses feel pain after the third trimester, so late term abortions would cause the fetus to feel excruciating pain. Procon.org also says that women who have abortions are more likely to have depression. Besides the scientific reasons, some reasons are just common sense. Like how abortions are basically murder. It’s no different than killing a baby. There are also people out there who want children, but can’t have them. They would take the children being aborted in a heartbeat. And if the child is raised right, they could have an important role in society.

The way to fix this problem is to lower the amount of this of abortions. Some people may say that abortions are a woman’s right. However, if the women have rights, shouldn’t the future children have rights too? My idea on how to cut down on abortions is to completely prohibit late term abortions, and have counseling for other abortions. There will be exceptions like if the mother is raped, or if the mother has health issues. I do not think women should be able to get abortions just because the baby has a health issue.

In conclusion, abortion is murder and should be reduced. Each moment you wait more children are being killed by abortions. The clock is ticking.

Sam P.