Savanna Y. Wisconsin

Lower College Tuition

College tuition should be lowered in the United States.

I believe that college tuition should be lowered in the United states so more students can go to college, and be better off after college and throughout the rest of their life. There is many middle-class families who would love to send their kids off to college, but they can’t because of the high tuition. This is a serious situation in the United States and it needs to be fixed.

According to www.procon.org, college graduates live healthier and longer lives than people who don’t go to college whether they choose not to, or they can’t. We need more people to be able to go to college and get a good education. You have the power to change that and it would be a great start to your presidency. That way, more students are able to go to college and experience it, then get a good job, house, and live the rest of their life strongly.

Another reason you need to lower college tuition in the United States is because more jobs nowadays require a college degree; not just a high school diploma. www.procon.org proves that jobs requiring college degrees increased by 187,000 since December 2010. This is a serious number and if you don’t do anything to stop it then in the near future, almost no one will be able to afford college tuition and then when jobs keep opening up with no one to take their place; America will “take a turn for the worst”. We need people to be able to afford college so that they can live a better life.

Since more jobs nowadays require a college degree, even more families are having a hard time coming up with the money that’s needed for college so that their kids can even go to college, much less get a job. www.people-press.org shows that college graduates regard their experience as very useful for informational and intellectual growth; more people need to experience college. You need to lower the college tuition prices so that more people can even think about going; nonetheless, think about a job after college. College is a good opportunity to explore careers and things you are interested in. Without college, the poverty ratings would go through the roof. We need our college tuition lowered so many students can go to college.

College tuition should be lowered so that more people can go to college and live a better life. People who have to/choose to are less educated than college graduates. College graduates are proven to live longer, get better jobs, and support themselves better throughout the rest of their lives. College is very important and more people need to be able to go to it without having to worry about the cost.

Savanna Y