Karla H. Illinois

Make It Easy

Did you know that more than 2.5 million people have been deported between 2009 and 2015? And many of those people just come to the United States for work, for opportunity; and it is not fair that many of those people get sent back to their Native Homes. This is a huge reason on why we should make it easier to become a citizen.

According to Gov. Brown signs bills to reduce Deportations for minor crimes, by Los Angeles Times, every year, 10% of deportees are legal permanent residents, and 68% of them are sent out of the country for minor, nonviolent crimes. They really don’t mean harm. They came to the U.S for a reason. The ones with major crimes, I agree, should be deported. Some businesses are ran by illegal immigrants. Without the people that work there, businesses would probably shut down.

More immigrants are being removed from the United States, who pose no harm or threat to anyone, said Immigration Impact. Many legal citizens kind of take advantage of being citizens of the United States. What I mean by that is that they think they can do what they want, and nothing will happen because they are legal. Of course, they do have rights, but sometimes I feel they cross the line.

Even children are being affected by deportation. Those who came to the country and had children, or began a family, get deported and the children no longer have the ones they’ve always lived with, with them. It’s not fun when you’re not with your father, mother, sister, or brother.

Let’s make it easy to become a citizen. What can you do to help? Spread the word. Help these harmless, illegal citizens become legal citizens. They only come here for a job, they mean no harm.

Karla H.