Luci K. Georgia

The News

Regarding race, there are two sides to the story.

Nearly twice as much. That's how much more whites were killed by police than blacks in 2015. The news, however, does not feel that any of that matters. They will do anything to enforce racism. The definition of race is, according to Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary, a class or kind of people unified by the community of interests, habits, or characteristics. Notice how it says unified, the news is creating problems between different races. That is not unified. It is stating that white police officers are shooting black people because because they are black. That is racism. Racism: a belief that a race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce and inherent superiority of a particular race.

Yes, there are some white police officers that will shoot black people because they are black. Those few people should not be the stereotype for police forces. The police are the good guys and should be treated as such. The news is trying to make us think they are the enemy, that they will shoot you because you are unarmed. The label of being “unarmed” is true for the shooting but, not entirely. They are “unarmed” but at least 5 black victims are trying to take the police officer's gun causing the gun to fire and kill that person or bystanders. That was said by Mac Donald in a speech at Hillsdale College. The news, on the other hand, does not share the whole truth. All they say is that a white police officer shot an unarmed black man. See, racism.

Now, it is your job as president to fix issues in your country. The news is lying to unsuspecting viewers. But, there is a solution to this problem. I would like you to consider monitoring the news that is put forth to the public. I suggest that you check every story they tell the people, to make sure that it is the whole truth. The news shows us whites shooting blacks but blacks are more likely to be shot by blacks than whites. How many times have you seen on the news a white man or a black man being shot by a black cop? Not often, but it still happens whether it is on the news or not. Police are also being killed. According to Mac Donald, police officers of any race are 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than vise versa. I’m going to guess you wouldn't know that by watching the news.

You might be thinking, how do the shootings on the news affect me. Well, it affects how you view the police officers and the news. The news uses a lot of assumptive language, that means you just assume everything on the news is correct because it is on the news. Most of the time it is not. Only rarely does the news show us the whole truth. As I have stated before, the news enforces racism by altering the stories they show us. Remember nearly twice as much, that's more than 50 percent, that's the number of how many more whites are being shot by police than blacks in 2015. But, we wouldn't have known that because the news alters the truth. It is your duty to make the world a better place. It is your duty to make the world unified.

Thank you for your consideration,

Luci K.