Mitchell B. Wisconsin

We should increase the minimum wage

Minimum wage should be increased

Many people are not getting by on the $7.25 minimum wage. This is why we need to increase the minimum wage. We need to increase the minimum wage because it would increase economic activity and spur job growth,reduce poverty and lots of people think we should increase it.

One reason we should increase the minimum wage because it would increase economic activity and spur job growth. We should raise the minimum wage because according to Procon.org a minimum wage increase from $7.25 to $10.10 would inject $22.1 billion net into the economy and create about 85,000 new jobs over a three year phase. Also according to the Procon.org they predicted that a $1.75 rise in the minimum wage would increase aggregate household spending by $48 billion which would boost GDP and lead to job growth.

Another reason we should increase the minimum wage is because it would reduce poverty.We should raise it because Procon.org says that increasing the minimum wage to $9 would lift 300,000 people out of poverty and an increase to $10.10 would lift 900,000 people out of poverty. Also according to Procon.org it says that increasing the minimum wage to $10.10 would reduce the number of non elderly living in poverty by around 4.6 million.

Lastly we should increase the minimum wage because lots of people support increasing it. On gallup.com it said that 58% of republicans support raising the minimum wage. It also said that 91% of democrats would support it and 76% of independents would support it. Also most americans support it because they believe it will help a lot.

I believe we should increase the minimum wage. I do because it would increase economic activity and spur job growth, reduce poverty and lots of people think that we should increase it. Don't you want to live in a world that is like that.